BROOKLANDS BIKES IN THE TWENTIES
WRITTEN BY PETER HARTLEY
Printed in 1980, 1st edition
During the years between the two world wars the motorcycle industry thrived and there was great activity at the famous Surrey race track – Brooklands. Peter Hartley follows the story of this track during this vintage period, describing races, riders and machines in remarkable detail.
In this, the first ever comprehensive history of motor cycle racing at Brooklands in its heyday, each chapter deals with one year of track history. All important events and developments are accurately recorded, from the first post World War I Bemsee meeting to the end of the 1929 season.
1. 1919-20 Return to the track
2. 1921 – 500 miles of speed
3. 1922 – Resurgence of the British big-twin
4. 1923 – Camshafts and twins
5. 1924 – Silent speed
6. 1925 – A year of vicissitudes
7. 1926 – A time for change
8. 1927 – Wind, rain and bumps
9. 1928 – Year of te single-cylinder
10. 1929 – The end of an era
The book is used. It is an ex-library book. It is in a good condition. Soft cover, 244 pages, English text.
ISBN : 0 85242 620 8