HARLEY-DAVIDSON – REVISED AND UPDATED
WRITTEN BY ALLAN GIRDLER AND JEFF HACKETT
For more than a century, Harley-Davidson has been an industry leader in motorcycling. Instantly recognized, and almost universaly admired, a Harley-Davidson motorcycle is a thing of beaty. The image of cool combines with the power and performance of the engineering in the heart of a Harley-Davidson. With distinctive prose by Allan Girdler and stunning photography of Jeff Hackett, this updated edition of Harley-Davidson presents a history of the company and showcases the models from the last 100 years, Shovelheads, Evolutions, Sportsters, the new V-rod, and more.
1. Working on the railroad : 1903
2. Early production : 1904-1908
3. V-twins rule : 1909-1929
4. Sidevalve survivors : 1928-1935
5. Sport saves the day : 1936-1947
6. The little engines that didn’t : 1947-1976
7. The big twin era : 1948-1980
8. High-performance returns : 1952-1985
9. Independence and evolution : 1980-1997
10. New and improved : 1994-2003
The book is used, but it is in good condition. Soft cover, 96 pages, English text.
ISBN : 0-7603-1977-4