HOW TO DRIVE A MOTORCAR – SIXTH EDITION
WRITTEN AND ILLUSTRATED BY THE STAFF OF “THE MOTOR”
This book is intended for every motorist. The result of a wide experience on the road and practice in the handling of many makes of cars has enabled the writer to become acquainted with many of the inside secrets of driving.
Everything worth knowing in connection with driving the car on the road is to be found in this book.
1. Training the eye
2. Traffic precautions
3. Starting up the engine
4. How to start and stop a car
5. Starting on hills
6. Difficulty in starting up
7. How to steer
8. The question of the use and care of the brakes
9. Throttle and ignition control
10. Gear changing
11. Gear-changing downwards and trick changes
12. Skidding : Its dangers and safety
13. Lady drivers
14. The use and misuse of the horn
15. Notes in epitome
The book is used, but it is in a good condition for its age. Card cover, 140 pages, English text.