MOTOR MANUAL – 18TH EDITION 1915 ?
COMPILED AND ILLUSTRATED BY THE STAFF OF ‘THE MOTOR’
A practical handbook, dealing with the working principles, construction and management of all types of motorcars.
1. The petrol motor : general principles of operation
2. Alternative types of engines
3. Lubrication, carburetters and cooling systems
4. Present day tendencies
5. Ignition systems
6. Engine starters, chiefly electrical
7. Lighting arrangements
8. Power transmission systems
9. Control devices, brakes and silencers
10. Steering gear and springing
11. Bodywork and wheels
12. Tyres, detachable rims and wheels
13. Accessories and special fittings
14. First steps in practical motoring
15. Various adjustments
16. Private owner’s garage and motorhouse
17. The motorist’s workshop
18. Formulae, tables, explanation of technical terms
20. The motorcar, the driver and the law
English-French motoring dictionary
The book is used, but it is in a good condition, hard cover, 266 pages, English text.