THE HISTORY OF MOTOR CYCLING
WRITTEN BY CYRIL AYTON, BOB HOLLIDAY, CYRIL POSTHUMUS, MIKE WINFIELD
The History of Motor Cyling tells the story of two-wheel motorised transport from its crude beginnings at the turn of the century to its present state as an industry if international important.
First there are the machines, all the famous marques, from ABC to Yamaha. There are the men, not only the legendary riders, but the designers and engineers who created the machines, and the clubs and their fans that have made the motorcycle a cult. Then there is the sport itself – great moments, great races, on famous and infamous tracks.
1. Yearnings (1869-1896)
2. Building to sell (1897-1904)
3. Into gear (1905-1912)
4. On the road (1913-1921)
5. In top (1922-1929)
6. Survival of the fittest (1930-1934)
7. Back on course (1935-1936)
8. War clouds gather (1937-1939)
9. War and peace (1940-1949)
10. The second golden age (1950-1954)
11. An Indian summer (1955-1959)
12. The rising sun (1960-1966)
13. End of an era (1966-1979)
14. European growth (1960-1979)
15. Back on the Japanese trail (1967-1979)
The book is used, hard cover, 304 pages, English text.
ISBN : 0 85613 037 0