VELOCETTE ALWAYS IN THE PICTURE
WRITTEN BY R.W. BURGESS AND J.R. CLEW
Always in the Picture is the history of Veloce Ltd., manufacturers of the Velocette motorcycle. The first chapter traces the complex origins of the firm, mentioning a precursor who made a vehicle called the “Velocipede” and how Johannes Gutgemann manufactured both pills and bicycles, leading to the establishment of the present firm by his sons.
The book is arranged mainly in chronological order.
1. The formative years
2. Development of the two-stroke
3. The model K and its successors
4. The M series
5. A new departure – the “Little Engine”
6. The Racing models and the Isle of Man
7. The War Years 1940-46
8. Experimental and limited production models
10. Trials and Six-Day events
11. Records and record breaking
12. The happy family
Some notes on Velocette part numbers
An extract from the original Mark II KSS instruction book
Abridged specification of the 1939 models
List of Velocette patents
The Velocette owner’s Club and the L.E. Velo Club
The book is used, but it is in very good condition. Hard cover, 253 pages, English text.
ISBN : 900404 08 6