VINCENT – KNOW THY BEAST
WRITTEN BY E.M.G. STEVENS
This practical book provides comprehensive information on the restoration and maintenance of postwar Vincent motorcycles. Screw thread sizes are listed, types of material used for various components are mentioned, but most important are the detailed modifications incorporated into his 1950 Series C Rapide and 1952 Series C Comet by the author during his quarter century of Vincent ownership.
1. The upper frame member
2. The front forks
3. The rear frame and seat
4. The wheels
5. Miscellaneous parts
6. The enclosed series D machines
7. The crankcase, main bearings and head bolts
8. The flywheel assembly
9. The 1.000 c.c. primary drive
10. The 500 c.c. primary drive and Burman clutch
11. The 1000 c.c. clutch
12. The 1000 c.c. gearbox
13. The 500 c.c. Burman gearbox
14. The timing chest
15. The barrel and piston
16. The cylinder head and exhaust system
17. The fuel tank, carburettors and adaptors
18. The lubrication system
19. The ignition system and rev.-counter drive
20. The lighting equipment and horn
21. The speedometer, tool tray and tools
22. Luggage equipment and crash bars, long distance touring
1. General remarks on finish
2. Screw threads used on the Vincent
3. Special tools
4. Conversion of Miller dynamo to Lucas A.V.C.
5. Addresses of useful firms.
The book has been used, but it is in a good condition. Hard cover, 194 pages, English text.
ISBN : 0 9504186 8 4